Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sheesh! Finally Back Again - after nearly a year!

Keeping up with a blog is simple, right? Yeah, right! I started this a a project to help myself make progress in the simplification process for my own life and thought, perhaps, it might help a few others who are wrestling with similar issues. Well, I guess it's quite obvious - I haven't done very well at this up to this point. I'm hoping to redeem myself, though.

Lots of things have happened since last April. Far too many to go into here. But, some are significant enough to touch on over the next few postings. I guess the most immediately significant simplification process I've undertaken has just happened. My small publishing business had a staff of five of us - myself and four others who worked for me. Basically, I've let three of the four others go. Only one remains. I've also cut back my operating hours (for the public) from 9 AM - 5 PM Mon-Fri to 9 AM - 2 PM Mon - Thurs. I've determined to outsource as much as I can so we'll basically be a consulting/sales and marketing operation. So, far I've been able to decommission three computers of the seven on my network and a fourth will be following in quick succession. Getting rid of four computers and elimination all from being wireless to the three remaining computers being on the wired network is making things a lot simpler. Boy, what a load this is taking off me. The extra hours that I'm not committed to being in the office (which co-incidentally-is also where I live) is allowing me more time to pursue other professional interests as well as some personal things. So, this is making life better, too.

More about my down sizing and other things I'm doing along this line in my next posting. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: